Find tools, information, and other resources to help you get the most out of your benefits.
How to file a Grievance
What is a grievance?
A grievance is a type of complaint that does not involve payment or denial of services by LifeWorks Advantage. For example, you would file a grievance if:
- You have a problem with things such as the quality of your care during a hospital stay;
- You feel you are being encouraged to leave your plan;
- Waiting times on the phone, at a network pharmacy, in the waiting room, or in the exam room are too long;
- Waiting too long for prescriptions to be filled;
- The way your doctors, network pharmacists or others behave;
- Not being able to reach someone by phone or obtain the information you need; or
- Lack of cleanliness or the condition of your doctor’s office.
Why file a grievance?
You are encouraged to use the grievance procedure when you have any type of complaint with LifeWorks Advantage, especially if such complaints result from misinformation, misunderstanding, or lack of information.
Who can file a grievance?
A grievance may be filed by any of the following:
- You may file a grievance
- Your authorized representative
Where can a grievance be filed?
File a standard grievance over the phone or in writing to:
Phone: 1-844-854-6883 (TTY 711)
Appeals and Grievances Department
PO Box 2190
Glen Allen, VA 23058
Can I expedite a grievance?
Yes, you may file an expedited grievance by calling: 1-844-854-6883 (TTY 711).
If you disagree with LifeWorks Advantage’s decision to extend the timeframe on your organization determination or reconsideration, or LifeWorks Advantage’s decision to process your expedited request as a standard request, you may file an expedited grievance and receive a response within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt.